Woah this isn’t cake, but I do love this dish created by my bf Mike so I thought it was worth the mention. This recipe adds a nice nutty salty crunch to a piece of pork chop and it’s pretty easy. Unlike baking a cake there’s no accuracy in the amount of ingredients here. We just do it by eye and I guess from experience as well. But I’ll try to lay down some measures here for those that aren’t too sure.
P.S This will be great for a Valentine’s meal for 2!
- 2 pork chops
- roughly x2 handfuls of Panko bread crumbs
- x1 handful of pine nuts or whatever other nuts you have in the cupboard i.e. cashews / hazelnuts / pistachios – lightly toasted
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 2-3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 175°C fan/ 180°C non-fan
- Lightly fry the chops on both sides with some oil until it changes colour and just enough to seal them.
- Place chops in an oven proof dish.
- In a blender blitz up the nuts.
- For the crumb remove the nuts from blender into a bowl. Add to this the rosemary, lemon rind, Parmesan cheese, garlic, Panko, oil and a squeeze of lemon juice. Mix well and season with S+P (don’t forget the Parmesan will add a bit of saltiness to the mix too so don’t be too generous with the salt).
- Sprinkle this mix over your chops.
- Bake for about 20 minutes and until the crumb turns golden.
- Enjoy with some potato salad, or whatever other carbs and veg you want to eat it with.
If you try this recipe please let us know what you think! I can’t take any credit though – it’s all Mike, I just do the taste testing and cakes.